To run one of the programs, download and save to your computer the text file at the link. Then,
- Start Paul's emulator
- Make sure the settings on the Supervisory Panel are set to "Normal" and "Step"
- Go to the Control Console. Make sure that the Input switch is set to "Optical Reader"
- Press "CLEAR" and "CONT" -- the Paper Tape Reader will pop up on your screen
- Click Browse and navigate to the text file you saved. Open it and the program will load and begin running.
- Click on the Flexowriter window to see the output
The Test a Number for Prime program will immediately stop after loading. The Flexowriter has instructions for what to do next. To keep the program as simple as possible, it lacks tests for 0, 1 and even numbers. You may want to improve upon this, yourself.
You may also want to compare the speed of this program to one running at modern speed in your browser. Try the one at this link. It uses the same algorithm.
Perhaps some reader has saved an old paper tape or card deck with a copy of Tic-Tac-Toe or Three Pile Nim for the B205. Please share it with us if you have!