Welcome to the Datatron 205 and 220 Blog

This blog is a companion to T J Sawyer's Web Page that outlines the history of the Burroughs Datatron 205 and Paul Kimpel's incredible 205 and 220 emulators. Please visit those sites and return here to post any comments.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Voices from the Past

I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of visitors to the Datatron 205 web page. In the four months since the site has been up, there have been over fifty visitors. These include a few who have sent me e-mails including three programmers who worked on the machine and one person who was on the original design team.

Thanks for the correspondence and do consider sharing your own experiences here. I apologize for the fact that you will need either a Blogger ID or Google ID to post here but my experience with anonymous posting is not good.

I have been continuing my research on the Datatron history story via the papers residing at the University of Minnesota's Charles Babbage Institute. I'll be continuing to update the site and keep you posted on progress here.

Tom

No comments: